iso skin - 3 step cleansing routine
Yep, Iso skin is a thing, so if your skin is acting a little different, it’s time to take back control (goodbye breakouts) with our easy-peasy 3 step cleansing routine.
Even in iso, less is more when caring for your skin... Hear us out.
A simple skincare routine is just, if not more, effective than spending half an hour preppin' & primin' in front of the mirror every morning and night. Now we know it's hard to say no to new products that come with "you-won't-know-how-you-lived-without-it" marketing and "it's-truly-life-changing" advertising but trust us when we say you only need a couple of core products (that don't change every time a company launches something new) for your skin to behave the way you want it to.
In other words, the more products you're putting on your skin, the more chemicals that your skin is being exposed to and this could definitely cause irritation, redness and acne. In light of this, we've decided to put together our very own 3 step cleansing routine that we 100%, absolutely and without a doubt swear by that will give you fresh & healthy-looking skin, like yesterday.
prep that face
The first thing you have to do before you start any cleansing routine is to make sure your face is ready to receive and absorb what you're about to put on it. The best way to do this is to wash your face/remove makeup.
Perhaps a little underrated, washing your face can help you get rid of any dirt, oil and other unwanted facial gunk that has made your skin its home throughout the day. We know this sounds straightforward but we're gonna lay it out for you, just in case.
1. Start to remove your makeup with your favourite wipe, micellar water, makeup removing serum etc (you get the point). Gently massage your skin in circular motions for about a minute. Take a warm, damp facial cloth and lay it over your face for about 30 seconds. Not only will this help to remove the dirt & grime, but the warmth will help to open up your pores, leaving them ready to be cleansed.
2. Once the 30 seconds is up, gently wipe the excess makeup remover away, rinse the facial cloth you were using and wipe your face again with the clean side of the cloth to make sure there's nothing left on your skin that shouldn't be there.
Yay, your skin is now ready to begin the cleanse!
it's cleanse time
You can say adios to irritation in this step with one product and one product only, our Lavender Body Oil + Face Cleanser. Great to keep your skin lookin' & feelin' young and hydrated by soothing, cleansing and clearing irksome blemishes. Plus, it won't annoy your skin or leave a greasy residue,
1. Add a few drops of oil into your hands, and rub them together to warm up the oil.
2. Firmly massage the oil into your skin, focusing on any pesky problem areas, paying close attention to your pores so impurities can soon be a thing you used to know. Don't rush this step, take your time, listen to some music or pretend you're doing your very own skincare tutorial (hey, it wouldn't be the first time).
rinse it off
1. Using lukewarm water and a face towel, dry your face off, focusing on your jawline, hairline, nose and even throat to make sure you don't leave behind any residue that could lead to unnecessary buildup, causing those angry, little skin monsters to flare up and distribute their weapons (pimples) wherever they see fit.
a little extra step to treat yo' skin
1. To help lock in the moisture (and make sure this super easy & quick routine doesn't go to waste), apply your fave moisturiser. You know the drill by now, massage it gently into your face in circular motions, allowing it to sink itself into your skin and make itself at home.
This routine takes about 5 minutes (if that) so you really have no excuse not to cleanse your face the way it deserves. We already know you have a nice butt, and with this cleansing routine, you'll soon have the skin to match. You're welcome.
don’t miss / most popular
2020: the year from hell
Honestly, what a year... Let's all just take a second. 2020 was undoubtedly one of the toughest years most of...
the best beaches to visit in Australia
and what to take with you when you do.... Nothing beats Summer in Australia. No, like really. The cicadas chirping,...
butt naked's ethical, Aussie gift guide
honestly, you're welcome Well, for some reason the days just keep on rollin' by at an alarming rate meaning December...